Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Open Alteryx database, add a line, and then save it with the same filename

PVousden121
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

So I would like to store some total values and compare them every time a new iteration of the workflow is run.  I thought simplistically that I could just have a file with one line per iteration and then use this for comparison but Alteryx appears to struggle with opening, writing and closing the same file, is that true?

I wanted to open a spreadsheet or Alteryx Database (.yxdb) file add a line and then to close the same file.  This would allow for another part to compare the values but this seems harder than it ought to in Alteryx.

Did I miss the 'memo' where the simple solution to this is outlined or would some kind person out there please point out my blind spot on this issue..

Many thanks in advance.

Peter

2 REPLIES 2
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @PVousden121 

When you are trying to save with the same file used for Input, you need to try with Block until done tool to save on the same Input filename.

Hope this helps!!!!

Sample:

ShankerV_1-1674207077217.png

PVousden121
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Many thanks for that.  I had tried that with a spreadsheet but do not believe that it works then but it does with the database file format.

Many thanks for your steer,

Peter

Labels