Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Numeric values not appearing

GGG91
5 - Atom

Hi guys,

I created a flow to generate Journal Entries in a Excel file. These entries are then copied and pasted into a Accounting software called Ap21.

Unfortunately whenever I copy the entries from the generated Excel file and paste them into AP21, the Dr column (which contains the amounts) remains blank. I tried to change the Type into String, Decimal, Float,.. but the issue still remains.

I even tried to change the format in the excel file that Alteryx produce but again, it doesn't work. It looks like the file that Alteryx spits out is not good for AP21.

Alteryx:

GGG91_0-1685243999267.png

Excel file produced by Alteryx:

GGG91_1-1685244304173.png

AP21:

GGG91_2-1685244316854.png

Does anyone have any suggestion please?

Thanks,

G

3 REPLIES 3
logdog0411
8 - Asteroid

@GGG91 what file format is it producing? .XLSX?

And have you had success with other Excel files (with numeric data) being input into Ap21? 

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @GGG91,

it looks like AP21 is just summing it up which then results in 0 for both records. 

But I am not sure how the Alteryx Community is supposed to help you with this - Alteryx does exactly what you want, doesn't it?

Also,I think when you do C&P the datatype should be irrelevant since this isn't copied (unless its Excel-Excel). 

ejhaley
8 - Asteroid
8 - Asteroid

Are you pasting directly into the GUI or are you pasting into a backend table?

Like @FrederikE said, it seems like AP21 is just summing up the reversals and netting them against each other.  You may have to contact the AP21 team :/

Labels