Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Notify when file's dates are consistent

anhdo92
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have the following two excel files to reconcile 

File 1 :

File’s name System A 20210913 where 20210913 is date formatted as YYYYMMDD

File 2:
File’s name is System B 13092021 where 13092021 is date formatted as DDMMYYYY

I would like to set up a scheduler for my workflow to run automatically following the rules below:

• If dates from the two files are the same (13 Sep 2021 in this example), the workflow runs as normal. It will send out the reconciliation result via email to relevant recipients
  • If the dates from two files are different, the workflow will stop running and will send an email to notify recipients of the inconsistent dates

Any idea is much appreciated! 

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @anhdo92 

Add ".*" in the formula like highlighted below. I have attached workflow also for reference.

atcodedog05_0-1631522847047.png

Hope this helps : )

anhdo92
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 
I don't know what happened but I just deleted the formula and replicated all the steps once again and it worked! lol 

Thank you so much for the help!! 🙂  Have a good day!

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @anhdo92 

If my response helps please don't forget to mark it as solution.

Cheers and have a nice day!

anhdo92
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

I revisit the workflow today and found an issue. 
When dates from two input files are inconsistent, it's easy to notify

However, when dates are consistent, I expect to see data coming out of the Join anchor. Unfortunately no data was found. Also, after the join, is there anyway to separate data from the two files as I need to do some transformation separately before reconciling the two

anhdo92_0-1631588579635.png

Labels