Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

New to Alterics world

ambadi007
5 - Atom

Hi Experts,

I am a SAS Developer and new to the tool like Alteryx . Is the concept and the code (if needed) similar to SAS and also I need to down load the software for the learning purpose . 

Please help

Regards,

Ambadi007

1 REPLY 1
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ambadi007,

Welcome to #AlterEverything and to #AlterNation! 

Wikipedia:

• SAS is a software suite developed by SAS Institute for advanced analytics, multivariate analyses, business intelligence, data management, and predictive analytics. SAS was developed at North Carolina State University from 1966 until 1976, when SAS Institute was incorporated.
  • Alteryx is an American computer software company based in Irvine, California with a development center in Broomfield, Colorado. The company's products are used for data science and analytics.  Alteryx has a stated goal of enabling advanced analytics to be performed by any data worker.

While the concepts may be similar, the path to the solution varies.  SAS has proprietary functions and code and it is geared for use by scientists and highly specialized skilled workers.  You are likely a very well educated resource and may cringe at some of the simplifications that Alteryx offers.  Gone will be the lines of code and in their place will be intuitive flow charts which you will use to effortlessly transform your data in preparation for your analysis.

The predictive tools available as part of the Alteryx installation use R language scripts within them.  Should you want to tweak the code, you may do so (I'd save to a different name) or you may write R code from scratch and drop it into the R tool and create your own analytic functions.  Within the Data-Science-Blog you'll find interesting articles to see how Alteryx is being used as well as finding knowledge base articles.  A Tool Mastery Index is a useful resource that you might review to delve deeper into the inner-workings of Alteryx.

While a 2-week trial is available for you to learn, Alteryx is already recognized as a Gartner leader in the Analytics magic quadrant.  It sits besides SAS with the distinction of being the only publicly traded company in that position.  If you haven't yet downloaded a Free 14-day Trial license, that is a great place to start.  If your company has already purchased Alteryx, you should get a license key and start playing with it.

I hope that there is some help for you in these words.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels