Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

New Random Normal Distribution Creator

asilva
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

I recently created a new macro and published it to the gallery. It's called "Create Random Normal". The macro will create a column with a size specified by the user, that is normally distributed with a mean and standard deviation designated by the user.

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Create%2BRandom%2BNormal/5bc9ffeb0462d71ffce47763

This would be the same as just using the R tool and using the code: rnorm(n, mean, sd). However, I figured to make life easier for non-R users that you could just use this macro and throw it into your workflows. This workflow requires that the user has access to the R Tool in Alteryx.

Let me know if you think the macro could improve at all!

-Tony

2 REPLIES 2
deepaprash
8 - Asteroid

Hi Tony,

Was looking for a replacement of the excel NORMSDIST fx and found yours. My results are however not tying to what excel computes. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Deepa

m_v
8 - Asteroid

Do you have a newer version out there? Can't locate it in the gallery.

Labels