Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need to calculate percentage for categories

AmitI94
6 - Meteoroid

In my dataset, there is a column that has a category- team_name and each record has some value for this field. There is also another column that has values- either completed or not completed. So for each row, I want to first see the category and calculate the percentage of “completed”/total records for that particular category. Is it possible in alteryx?

6 REPLIES 6
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @AmitI94 

Please see if the attached example works for you.

Input:

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1666470672028.png

Output:

Felipe_Ribeir0_1-1666470695554.png

AmitI94
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the response! I don’t want a separate table, I want a new column in the same table with %completed so every row for team_1 should have 50% and every row for team_2 as 100%

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @AmitI94 

Could you please share the sample input date and expected output data.

So that I can help you better as per your expectation.

Thanks in advance

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Use @Felipe_Ribeir0 's solution - follow it up with a join tool - you will then use team_name as your join field. You will include only the percentage_completed from the new table - and you will include all fields from the original table.

You have now added the percentage_completed field to your original table. This is sometimes known as "windowing" - where an aggregation is appended to the dataset at an individual row level.

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @AmitI94 

As @apathetichell said, just join the output with the input, here is the workflow if you need to see exactly how

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1666560811934.png

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @AmitI94 

It worked?

If yes, please accept it as a solution :)

Thanks!

Labels