Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to add string into particular cell

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have a input with contents in each row like "------ aaaaa", "------ bbbbb", but in some rows i have as "ddddd". What I need is I want to copy those "------" to the cells where is not available. I have attached input. Please help me on this.

11 REPLIES 11
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

Please find attached. Combination of IF and contains will help in this particular case. 

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the reply, got it👍. But i have one more constrain. The input also contains

"1234    ------ aaaaa  first", "1235       ------ bbbbb  second", "1201      ddddd third". So I need to split this cells based on delimeter. For example while splitting the cell "1234     ------ aaaaa  first" into columns, I need "1234" in one column and  "------" in one column and "aaaaa" in another column and "first" in another column. But since "------" is missing in some cells, I cant split into columns accordingly. Kindly find the attached sample input. Please provide a solution

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gsiva3 

Here is a workflow for the task.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1602498215562.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1602498229905.png

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 , got it. But still some confusion. Because I need to split it into column without removing the white spaces. The white spaces are required for further process. I have attached the sample input. Can you please solve this as per above criteria

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gsiva3 

There is some issue with the file i am not able to download can you provide again.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gsiva3 

Will this kind of output do. No spaces are removed.

atcodedog05_0-1602500715554.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the reply, got it. But i have one more constrain. The input also contains "------ aaaaa  bbbbbbbbbb", "------ bb bb  cccccccccc", "ddddd eeeeeeeeee". So I need to split this cells based on delimeter. For example while splitting the cell "------ aaaaa  bbbbbbbbbb" into columns I need "------" in one column and "aaaaa" in another column and "bbbbbbbbbb" in another column. But since "------" is missing in some cells, I cant split into columns accordingly.Kindly find the attached sample input

Ya sure. One more update There is some cells with values like 

21MM   ???                   ------ GGGGG need to discuss

I have one more update.Where while splitting I dont need "???".

Gsiva3
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05,

Can you please provide me the solution for last sent input file and criteria 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Gsiva3 

Here is a workflow ??? are removed.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1602501685493.png

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Labels