Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need to Compare Data between two excel or 2 tables

Bakiyaraja
7 - Meteor

Hello everyone i need help to compare data between 2 excel or 2 tables in same database 

the column names between 2 excel may vary slightly like (amount in source and value in target) 

data may drop in target and new data may be added or source data gets duplicated  in target.

i need to figure out above when compare.

I attached source and target excel file 

could you hep with workflow 

Note: i need to compare 15 excel in same way. 

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Bakiyaraja Do you want to compare each row of the first file against each row of the second file?

Bakiyaraja
7 - Meteor

@binuacs  Yes Binuacs Exactly need to compare 2 excel record by records for each column

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Bakiyaraja In that case I think if you add the record id tool in both the input file and do the join, this will help you to do the row-to-row comparison of both the files 

The J - anchor in the join tool will give you the matching records and the other two L and R anchor will return non-matching records from the respective files. 

binuacs_0-1662469858747.png

Bakiyaraja
7 - Meteor

@binuacs  Thank you binuacs ,The above solution doesn't work for me  because order of records between source and target is not same  

in that case we not able to use record ID we generated in the workflow and the join producing wrong result

Labels