Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help with Join

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Hello all! 

I am attaching my dataset. My goal is to find duplicate records in this dataset (the records are duplicates if all columns match). I have created my workflow - attached but somehow the join function is not working. Want it to join the common between unique and duplicate records. Output should only give me the duplicate records listed together. Can anyone help please ? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hi @Madhur12 - you're conducting a Join on every column, including the RecordID field. This is unique as it's just an index that you apply at the start of your workflow. If you remove RecordID from the Join and keep all other columns then you get the duplicate row coming through as expected. Hope this helps!

Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide

Hi @Madhur12 - you need to remove Record ID from the join fields. That will return 1 record which I think is what you want.

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @DataNath @Bren_Spill. This is how my output looks like after I did what you guys suggested:

Screenshot 2024-02-02 103942.png

What is want to do is append the records one after the other. For example, I want records 2 and 4 to come one after the other in my output as they are duplicates. I dont want unique records in my output. Can you guys help on how to do that ? Thanks! Screenshot 2024-02-02 104214.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

@Madhur12 if I'm understanding right - you just want duplicates as your output and following one another? I'm struggling to upload pictures at the moment but have attached a workflow that only leaves you with records 2 and 4 one after another.

Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide

@Madhur12 - try using the Only Unique crew macro. See attached.

Crew Macros Download Link - Alteryx Community

Flow.PNGOutput.PNG

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @DataNath @Bren_Spill! This worked. 

Labels