Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help urgent

RE5260
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

If I save my workflows in a specific network location and it is linked to a file located in another folder on the same Server, would the workflow run? Or do the files the workflows are linking to also need to be saved in the same folder?

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@RE5260 The workflow should run even though your input file is in another location. Make sure the input tool configured with the full path of the file location

DataNath
17 - Castor

As long as Alteryx has access to the directory where the file is i.e. it isn't locked etc then you can have files sitting in an entirely different location. You'll of course just need to bear this in mind and ensure to update your paths if the document(s) are moved and such! There's a good explainer here on filepaths in case you also want to look into relative/UNC:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/File-Paths-and-Alteryx/ta-p/847200

Raj
14 - Magnetar

In general, no matter where the workflow file is saved, if your Alteryx workflow is built to access files from a certain network location and you have configured the file links to go to that location, the workflow should be able to access those files.

Labels