Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need help in calculating work days excluding the weekends and public holidays

jerometyl
7 - Meteor

Need help in calculating work days excluding the weekends and public holidays. Can someone please teach me how to do it? I need the work days difference between each column of date. 

5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@jerometyl Can you provide some expected results? 

JamesCharnley
13 - Pulsar

Not sure it's the most efficient but it should be effective. I'm generating a row for every date between the two columns, filtering out weekends, and then outer joining against our list of public holidays to exclude those as well. Then I'm getting a count of how many rows are left as dates (-1 after to account for the start date).

That process has just been repeated for the length of time between QUD and Vendor award to get two separate results columns. (Could in theory be done in one stream if you had more columns and didn't want to repeat but I find it easier to follow like this)

JamesCharnley_0-1668695310521.png

jerometyl
7 - Meteor

SubmittedQuotation Uploaded DateVendor Award  Days between Column A and B Days between Column B and C 
27-Jan-212-Mar-213-Mar-21  23 days1 day

I hope i counted correctly

annedione
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello,

I've worked on a similar use case in the past with a macro working days generator. I hope this exemple can help you get your answer, I used your holiday file in this instance to generate the number of working days.

You can work around it to account for additional columns as well.

Best,

Anne

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@jerometyl One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1668695836699.png

Labels