Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need a logic to funnel the files that are not processed

stevelogue1980
8 - Asteroid

Hi Geeks,

I've an Alteryx workflow, picks up text files and appends database fields with Transformations and generates a PDF report.

However, my requirement is to funnel the files that are not processed , as the picture shown below

stevelogue1980_0-1665704361206.png

Lets say Input files are 1,2,3,4 and archives into a folder after processing and here files are 1,2,4

and  3 is not processed and wanted to capture in a folder

Appreciated for your inputs

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @stevelogue1980 

A few questions:

• What is causing file 3 to not be processed in the first place? Or is the fact pattern that file 3 is placed in folder A after files 1, 2, and 4 are processed?
  • When you say 'Outputs to a B folder for archiving', what is happening? Are you outputting new files with the same file names? Are you using run command tools to move the files from folder A to folder B?

My initial reaction is that you should use a run command tool to move the files from folder A to folder B after they are processed. That way folder A only has unprocessed files and you don't need to worry about this at all. Here's a link with some examples:

https://tarsolutions.co.uk/blog/move-or-copy-files-in-alteryx/

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

easiest way: create a field of your text filenames in your database. Extract that via summarize in-db/group by - datastream out. compare that with directory tool filesnames. If a file isn't in the database field - it hasn't been processed (left or right anchor) - this should go to a count tool - why a count tool? It's an easy way to create a field if you have no records in that part of a filter anchor. You can then create the output as your see fit.

Labels