Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Naming Excel Tabs

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,
I've been looking for a way to name output Excel tabs (not the workbook itself), in a specific format, but haven't has any luck. Apologies if this question has been asked previously.

I run a weekly process  where I email managers when their subordinates have not returned their IT equipment on leavin the firm. We need to retain the weekly data therefore new tabs need to be created

threnaming format will need to be as follows :

Coach emails for "Datatype' - "Run Date" (eg  Coach emails for Departers - 2022-11-01 OR  Coach emails for LoA - 2022-11-01

The data type and run date are existing fields created in the workflow and are displayed in the output

4 REPLIES 4
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @StephenT 

Could you please share a sample of your input and your expected output?

I could not exactly understand what you want to do.

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

I am not sure if I understood what is your problem. You can create the name of the sheet on a formula tool for example and use this field on the output data tool.

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @StephenT 

You will need a Formula tool with the following setup, replacing the filepath, filename etc:

DavidSkaife_0-1667429036230.png

Then in your Output tool you want it set like this, taking note of the highlighted areas:

DavidSkaife_1-1667429118037.png

That will then output to the file and write a new tab each time it is ran. Note that the naming format you're wanting to use actually causes an error as it's too long for a tab name so you might want to think of shortening it.

I've attached a sample workflow for you to look at as well!

StephenT
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @DavidSkaife 
After a few 'user errors' I managed to got your solution working - that's exactly what i was trying to do and thanks for the reminder about the file/tab length

Labels