Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

NTH'ing that is NOT an even NTH but based on a table with the NTH Counts

jdelaguila
8 - Asteroid

I have an interesting problem i'm trying to solve but can't seem to figure out how to go about it and what tool would be best to use.

OVERVIEW:

I need to do an NTH split on an entire file but it is NOT an even NTH. It's actually an NTH grouped by a field and the NTH for each group can be different counts. 

EXAMPLE:

So for example: If a field called [LIST] Contains ''0001" and has 100 fields in it -  then i want you to nth those records with 30 of them being 'A', 20 of them being 'B' then 50 of the being 'C'.  This [LIST] field can have up to 100 different lists and each one of them have different breakouts all the time. 

So i have a MAIN file, and then another file that tells you how to break out each [LIST] and what the NTH count should be for each one. I attached a workflow that gives you a better visual of my Main file, File that contains counts breakout and what the end result should look like. 

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for the continued help everyone has given me to really learn how Alteryx works.

Javier

2 REPLIES 2
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @jdelaguila ,

Here is a way to assign values but I don't get the same assignation as your result. But I get the right count ! Tell me if it suits your need !

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @jdelaguila 

Its bit confusing. Can you explain your expected output? How did you arrive at it?

Labels