Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple outlook reminders

praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hi ,

Is it possible for Alteryx to send multiple automatic reminders and subsequent escalations based on ageing criteria to respond.

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @praneshsapmm 

Ofcourse!

Within Alteryx you can send emails through the Email tool.

We've actually built for a few clients - some really cool use-cases for sending multiple reminders. I can let you know a couple of the methods we used, hopefully one of them proves useful!

1) Send an Email through the Email tool, and create a log file (yxdb) for that email. On the next run of the workflow, if it had been 24 hours since the log (checked by a date field in the log), a 2nd email would be sent, and logged. This was for an escalation process, so 3 emails would mean another process

2) Send the Email in the Email tool - but use the Outlook tools to retrieve emails in the inbox it is being sent from. If there is no reply fro the recipient in the last 24 hours, send the second email.
3) Send an email through Mailchimp API - allowing for read-receipts to be seen. This allowed us to see whether the recipient had opened the email yet, and if not, we sent a second email.

If you have Alteryx Server - this can be 5x easier, as you can have workflows that send emails out/do these checks automated, say once per day. Otherwise, you may have to run them manually.

Hope this provides some insight!

TheOC

Bulien
praneshsapmm
8 - Asteroid

Hi @TheOC ,

Interesting proposals . But is it possible for Alteryx to pick up the old / earlier email and trigger a new one over it .

Thanks.

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @praneshsapmm 

Unless I'm mistaken - this isn't functionality within Outlook, so you wouldn't be able to do that.

Emails are static once sent, so it would be a case of sending an additional email, in follow-up to the first. I am unaware (unless you were really fancy with HTML/Javascript), of making email bodies change once sent.

You could as mentioned however, pull data on previous emails sent, and adjust your new email based on it.

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
Labels