Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Multiple input files from Directory tool to respective workflows

Shaiy10
Meteoro

Hi All

I have multiple input files, each file having a different schema a different transformation and a different output table in oracle

for eg. if i have 30 different input files, i need to setup 30 different file browses with actions and then upload it to the alteryx server

the user also needs to select 30 files before he can run the workflow from the server

i need to use the directory tool so that the user would need to browse to the folder and select the folder only once

thereafter the individual input tools should pick up their respective input files and run the workflow

i am not familiar with the macro tools as yet

something like below below

Capture.JPG

2 RESPUESTAS 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Shaiy10 

Something like a chained app might work, but question I wanna ask:

How are you going to direct each input to its respective workflow?

Because if they have different schemas, it's more likely that if you randomly assign the files to input tools, errors are most likely to happen.

Cheers,

Shaiy10
Meteoro

@Thableaus wrote:

How are you going to direct each input to its respective workflow?

@Thableaus

that is the question, i am trying to figure out how to pass the respective input file to respective workflow

i have figured out 1 option

use the filter tool to filter out the file name and then pass the file path to the dynamic input and further

the other option is to create a batch macro to run each file in and out using a mapping table for the file names to respective outputs - but havent really worked out the working solution

Capture.JPG

Etiquetas