Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple header rows for output

dho111
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I would like add multiple lines header to a dataset and create a .csv file. Is there anyway I can avoid the extra comma in the header when creating the file?

alteryx_question.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

The CSV represents the full 8x6 grid and even though the cells are null they do still exist so I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve is possible.

If you're looking to produce a block of text then yes you could absolutely do this in a way that doesn't include superfluous commas.

mmenth
11 - Bolide

Hi @dho111 ,

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do with this, but you could insert an extra comma into your fields, then change your delimiter to a space in your output tool. You'll have a lot of extra whitespace after you headings, and those headings will still align with the first column, but depending on what you do next with the file maybe this will help by essentially giving you the option to work with two delimiters.

Best,

mmenth

dho111
7 - Meteor

Thanks guys! That's exactly what I need to know.

Labels