Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple filters from one field

mariussmintina
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone,

I am quite new to Alteryx and trying to develop a solution that reports data for multiple types of products. These are recorded in a column "Product Type". One way, that is quite time consuming is to filter each one of them. Another way I found is to use the option in the output tool that allows to filter data into a product per sheet, but then I cannot use that for further analysis in the workflow.

Do you have any suggestions that allow me to simplify such a workflow?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@mariussmintina I lost you halfway across your statement - I am not sure what you mean because I cannot visualize your data. Do you mind sharing some sample data / expected output? In addition, if you can share your workflow, that'd be great. We can have a look & suggest from there.

Thanks,

Cal

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
ChrisWaspe
9 - Comet

Hi @mariussmintina . I think a batch macro will do the trick. You can create a process (filter the data), turn that into a batch macro, which will repeat that process for each of your groups. I would happily take at look at your problem in more detail if you provide some sample data.

mariussmintina
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your answer.

Sorry I cannot share more information, but I think a batch macro will do the trick!

Thank you!

mariussmintina
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Caltang,

I cannot share more data, but a batch macro helped a lot.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Labels