Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple active radio buttons within separate groups

rbasaria
7 - Meteor

I am not entirely sure what I am looking for in terms of searching for a solution for this.

I am working on an app and I want the user to be able to select a site and a trade area using radio buttons. Each of these inputs would have multiple options. For example if you want to select the site on the map, you click a radio button, or you can click the button to enter an address, etc. Both the site and trade area have multiple options, but only one of each can be selected at a time, thus the radio buttons. However, I do need both a site and trade area as input options. I am having a difficult time figuring out how to allow a radio button for each input to be active at the same time. I would guess this has something to do with the conditions in the interface tools, but I am not really finding anything helpful. Currently, I can only get it to allow either a site or a trade area using the selected radio button. I have the app set up in tabs, so you select your site, then next to the trade area. Once the trade area is selected, it produces the trade area and uses whatever default value the app was built with as the site. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @rbasaria 

In order to group Site and Trade Area radio buttons in group you will need to add group box from interface designer window.

1. Open Interface designer window.
  2. Click on Add button.
    1. Amol_Telore_0-1659025510673.png
  3. Click on Group BOX option. Once you add a group box, you will need to select each radio button and drag it to its respective group depending upon whether it is site or trade area using UP and DOWN arrow keys.

This way you should be able to choose radio buttons for both Site and Trade Area. Another option for this will be use drop down button.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Regards,

Amol Telore

rbasaria
7 - Meteor

Perfect! I figured it was something simple like this that I was overlooking. Thank you so much!

Labels