Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Text to Rows

jbqrn
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I am trying to split some text inside some cells into rows, i know how text to columns (rows) works but I would like to do it for all columns that have a delimiter (two data)

Example:

jbqrn_0-1664360654288.png

I have 76 columns (only one row because it is a sample, it is supposed to be 1000+ rows) and I want it to split all cells that has the data into two rows (there are no more than 2 data).

I am trying with transpose and text to columns but I don't achieve the desired solution...

Help!! :(

4 REPLIES 4
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@jbqrn 

Find in attachement the way of doing that.

It works with as many as fields that you want.

Let me know if there is any issue and please, do not hesitate to mark this answer as solution if it helped.

Emmanuel_G_0-1664361478538.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

@jbqrn here's a way of doing this which involves Transposing the data before splitting. This ought to be dynamic and also handles the usual issue of the Cross-Tab tool ruining the sort and naming of your headers. Had to use a quick mock up of data as you didn't provide any but should still be applicable. Let us know if you run into any issues.

DataNath_0-1664361584090.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@jbqrn one way of doing this

binuacs_1-1664362636564.png

jbqrn
7 - Meteor

Hiiii everyone, thanks for the help!!

I finally arrived to this solution:

DATA SET

jbqrn_0-1664363557191.png

Corss Tab First and Last and Union by field. 

jbqrn_1-1664363591365.png

Final dataset:

jbqrn_2-1664363797846.png

As I only have two possible values and the dataset follows a certain structure, this solution fits what I need.

Thanks for all the help! :)

Labels