Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Row Calculation Question

masterwu
5 - Atom

I am trying to use Multiple Row Calculation to create new fields. For example:

DayRevenueCost

Is there anyway I could create two new fields (Accumulated Revenue,Accumulated Cost) with one tool? thanks

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@masterwu You can use the running total tool to do that. I've attached an example. 

Capture.PNG

I'm also working on a multi-row multi-field tool which would do the trick as well. I'm trying to combine the multi-row and multi-field formula tools while also adding column syntaxing similar to the row syntaxing that the multi-row tool supports. I've demonstrated that as well in my example. 

Since the running total comes packaged with Alteryx, that would be the better method in this case. The multi-row multi-field tool I've created is great for when there really isn't a good way to do it out of the box. For example, if you wanted to do anything other than a running sum (like a running product), I think the multi-row multi field tool I have would come in handy at that point.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

You can use a summarize tool.  If there is a grouping field, you can configure the calculation to total based upon that field (e.g. Store Number).

Select the Revenue field and add a SUM action for Revenue (Sum_Revenue).

Select the Cost field and add a SUM action for Cost (Sum_Cost).

The output from the summary tool will be:

Sum_Revenue,Sum_Cost

Cheers,
Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Philip
12 - Quasar

Yes, by using the Multi-Row Formula Tool.

Never mind, @patrick_digan's Running Total Tool is a better approach. I had forgotten about it.

AccumulatedCostAndRevenue.png

Labels