Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multiple Output Files from a Dynamic Input query

bobbybalan
7 - Meteor

Hello, I have to pull data for multiple date ranges and output into individual Excel files. I have a Text Input tool with the start and end dates. 

Start                   End

01-01-2021        01-15-2021

02-10-2021        02-21-2021   etc.

I am passing these dates one by one into a Dynamic Input query and replacing the start and end dates. How can I output the data for each date range into its own file. Like -

1. TestOutput_Jan2021.xlsx 

2. TestOutput_Feb2021.xlsx

If I can do this, I don't need to have multiple workflows, one for each month. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @bobbybalan you can create a filepath using a formula tool and a formatted version of your date field. In an output data tool you can use this created filepath to change the filepath of the data. So each month will go to its own .xlsx

Just make sure that you include a sheetname preceded by 3 pipes (|||) after the .xlsx in your filepath.

Hope that helps,

Ollie

OllieClarke_0-1649684283232.png

bobbybalan
7 - Meteor

Thank you! I had the done the same thing, however after checking your workflow I realized that the datatype of the field used in formatting logic to find the month and year was not a DATETIME. It messed up the multiple file creation logic and silly of me to not notice that. Thank you so much for your reply.

Labels