Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

[MultiField][+1] How to use MultiField to add +1 every time the script runs?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hey guys! First of all, happy christmas and New Year's!!

I am trying to create a formula which would add +1 in a field that contains 8 caracthers. It is kind of a "sequential number".

However there are two major problems:

1. For some reason when trying to add +1 using this tool, it breaks the format of my file. Example: 

Joker_Hazard_0-1608817610829.png

2. The second issue would be on how to add +1 for the field used in the following example:

Joker_Hazard_1-1608819540570.png

Thank you!!

5 REPLIES 5
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Joker_Hazard , for the second issue, you will be probably looking at doing a Iterative Macro, to set it up to add +1 every time you run the workflow, so the dataset will be updated for the next time.

Regarding the first issue, could you please give more details on what you are trying to do? Is this issue happening in the dataset/workflow you sent? Are you doing it with the Formula Tool?

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Hey Pedro, thanks for the answer.

Is this interactive macro hard or complex to do? I have never done it.

About the second issue, it is happening because of the Multifield tool. However, if you are saying that it is not necessary and I should make a macro, then this issue is resolved...

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@Joker_Hazard  An iterative macro could be the solution for what you are looking for. Here is a community post where it walks you through building out your first Iterative Macro. The logic is that it will update the value every time you run the workflow. It will just be about setting up the conditional to meet exactly what you are trying to accomplish. In case you need help building it out, open a new post and we will definitely support you. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Getting-Started-with-Iterative-Macr... 

Joker_Hazard
11 - Bolide

Thanks! I will try myself and if it's the case, I will open a new post!

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Joker_Hazard,

please look below may be this can help you to make the iterative macro:

messi007_0-1608822976348.png

Attached the workflow,

Regards,

Labels