Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row Subtraction

KmbrlyPC
8 - Asteroid

What multi-row formula can I use to subtract every other row from the one before it? The result column is what I need. For example, Value 8-6=2, Value 4-3=1, Value 2-6=-4

SetValueResult
1.62-4
1.64-3
6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @KmbrlyPC 

Your multi-row formula tool formula would be like below.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1634229709217.png

Hope this helps : )

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @KmbrlyPC 

The Multi-Row formula tool is what you need. If you have not used this one before, you can rightclick on the Multi-Row tool to open the example workflow and learn the various settings from there.

MultiRowFormulaTool.PNG

Check out the full Help documentation at: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/multi-row-formula-tool

Dawn.

KmbrlyPC
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately, it is not working. All it's doing is repeating the value in the active row. So for example, on Row 2 instead of the Result being "2" it is showing up as an "8". I used the formula exactly.

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @KmbrlyPC 

Not sure why you have that error. My workflow runs perfectly though. Perhaps you can check if your datatype is correctly set - if not some logic test (e.g. 😃 may fails.

Attached the workflow here.

Kim.PNG

KmbrlyPC
8 - Asteroid

Thanks. The workflows did work after I unchecked the Group By! It seems that was causing it to not work initially.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @KmbrlyPC 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels