Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Multi-Logic/filtering Analytic App

jw68937
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I'm trying to create an analytic app where the user selects the Test Section of interest for Canada (to determine Canada it would be a filter of on Cycle field containing "CAN" or "CABL") and then selects the Test Section of interest for Remainder (Cycle field does not contain "CAN" or "CABL") and relevant data from those dependent selections flows out. Test Section options should be a list box with the values shown in the second screenshot (Test 0 - Test 3). Struggling to think through how to make this work within just the analytic app. Any ideas? 

Snag_9f6684.png

Snag_a1c94c.png

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@jw68937 Would you be able to provide some more information like what is the expected output if the user selects Test2 from the first list box, and also from the second list box? Also, what would be the result if the user selects a random test?

jw68937
8 - Asteroid

As an example, right now they are in Test 2 for Remainder but Test 1 for Canada so I would expect that would be a selection for right now and would want a filtered subset of the data to come out with 

Canada Test 1 + Everything Else Test 2 with the remainder of the data columns on the right (in my actual file there are lots of other columns that we are doing work on after we get through the user selection and filters). The outputs of Canada + Rest of World should be unioned/stacked together

jw68937_0-1685469901259.png

Labels