Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Moving a Desktop License Off My Local Machine

tdsanalytics
7 - Meteor

I am the sole WFH analyst for a company using 1 Designer desktop license with a scheduler on my local machine. Most of my 50 daily workflows query Redshift--if my home internet goes out or my computer disconnects and I'm away, I'm screwed. What are my (cheapest available) options for getting around this? Moving the license somewhere else? (Years ago I transferred my license to an AWS virtual machine, but it was incredibly slow and glitchy.) Or find a way to remotely access the home computer without internet in order to reconnect it, like AnyViewer? Thanks for the ideas.

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

If Alteryx allowed you to use scheduler on an EC2 (AWS virtual machine) I would 100% recommend it - and mention that this should a) not be glitchy b) be much much faster when querying redshift (assuming they are in the same AWS instance/have some pairing etc)... Having said that - I do not believe that Alteryx will allow you to transfer your license with desktop scheduler to an EC2.

Labels