Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Move file to different folder after batch macro output

AlexFreighterDev
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow where a batch macro outputs different files from a folder, how do I move that origin file into another folder after each file output?

6 REPLIES 6
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Do you want to change the batch macro to output to that different location instead of the original one? If so, it’s likely changing the macro to reflect the new location. 

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Or do you just want to keep the original batch macro as is and have a second workflow run to move those files? It would likely be an Input of the original files, a Formula to create the new file path, and an Output to write the data out. This could perhaps be followed by a bat run command to delete the old files, but unsure if that’s what you need!

AlexFreighterDev
7 - Meteor

I want to cut the original, not the output file to another folder.

AlexFreighterDev
7 - Meteor

I want to move the file of the Input parameters to another folder when the output is done.Screenshot (32).png

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You’ll likely need run command then to accomplish this. Check out this thread and related ones: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Move-file-with-Run-Command-too...

Raj
14 - Magnetar

You can refer this workflow to understand what is done.

Labels