Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Merge 2 data tables without duplicates

RDF25087
8 - Asteroid

Hi all -

This is probably simple, but I can't figure it out...

I have two large data sets - a claims data table and a registrations data table.

Products can be registered only (and will only appear in the registrations table). Also,

Products can be claimed only (and will only appear in the claims table). However,

Some products can be claimed AND registered (and will appear in both the registrations and claims tables).

The unique identifier is the Invoice Number (in the claims table) and the Full Serial Number (in the registrations table).

I have uploaded examples of both the claims data and registrations data. The example highlighted in green appears in both tables. The other values are unique. I want to be able to merge the data where a value appears in both data sets. I have also uploaded a document showing where the data sources overlap and what the desired result of the workflow should look like.

I hope this makes sense and any help provided would be very greatly received.

Thanks

RDF

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @RDF25087,

This seems to achieve your logic:

IraWatt_0-1652703915807.png

Any questions on it make sure to ask :)

HTH,

Ira

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Nice job.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thankyou Mr @Shifty 

RDF25087
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt  - thank you for your solution. Your example seems to be the outcome I require. I'll run your flow with my original data to see if it is the resolution I require.

Thanks

RDF

Labels