Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Matching two lists of name

gin_nguyen
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

i have question about matching two list of name. let say i have list name A (company name) and list name B (also company name). the names are not 100% the same.

I tried simple fuzzy match but i get the wrong setting or something, nothing comes out.

what is the easy way to do the matching and see if any companies in list A is actually in list B? really appreciate if you can give me a simple workflow.

Thank you for your help.

Happy New Year

1 REPLY 1
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I see a few options here:

1.  If you want to do a straight up character-by-character match, then a join tool would do the trick.

2.  I would suggest fuzzy matching, which admittedly isn't the most user friendly tool.  While I don't have a workflow to give you, I would suggest availing yourself of the many videos found here:  FUZZY MATCH VIDS .  Fuzzy Match takes some practice.

3.  A more simple, but not as effective option is the soundex function.  You could connect a formula tool to each list, take the soundex of each, and join on those soundex values/keys.

Labels