Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Master Data Macro Help

Carluccio555
9 - Comet

In the image below the 3 selects on the left are from 3 data sources Im trying to align across 7 dimensions via data cleansing, filling nulls etc. The 7 select/uniques for each dimensions allow me to see inconsistencies (eg. one data source may have 'LATAM' as a region, while another has 'Latin America').  This works fine but now I also want apply the 7 select/uniques to the 3 sources individually.  I selected this whole section and converted to macro but when it turns into the macro symbol there's a couple of issues 1) the macro symbol has no output so the workflow just ends which I dont want 2) the output is no longer the unique items of the 7 dimensions lined up but just looks like one of the unselected data sources instead.

What am I doing wrong? Once again the objective is to take the workflow below from the union to the multi-join, save as a macero and apply to the 3 selects on the left individually.

Thanks

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@Carluccio555 To answer your first question with a question, in your macro do you have a Macro Output tool? Once you add one, you'll have the output of the macro.

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

You have to add a macro output tool to the end of your macro if you want to use its results in the calling workflow.

Either add it from the interface palate or add a browse tool, right click it and select convert to macro output.

macro.PNG

Based on the description, your macro would look something like this.

macro2.PNG

Without seeing the input data and an expected output, its hard to help with the rest of the ask.

Labels