Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Mapping two input to replace a column

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi Team,

Hope you are well. I need help.

I have a input file and the mapping file.

Please find attached.

I need to replace the blank in the "Country" column with the values from "Country Override".

For e.g  if the "Stock location " is "Ca-ab" then based on the "Country Override" column the Value for "Country " column is Canada.

sriniprad08_0-1652173172072.png

sriniprad08_1-1652173205803.png

Please let me know how to go about this,

Thanks,

Sr

5 REPLIES 5
DataNath
17 - Castor

Is this what you're after? Without an identifier like a Record ID I've just matched them side by side as they appear in the data.

If not, let us know and I'll take another look!

DataNath_0-1652173775543.png

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @DataNath ,

Thank you so much. Really appreciate it. Sorry i might have missed something in posting here. When i run the workflow with my original data. Ideally it gives me the less number of records.

Ideally i should have 24,333 records as the final output. However its only giving me 1807. records.

Please let me know,

thanks,

sriniprad08_0-1652174897381.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

In your country override table you'll need some sort of identifier that you can match it to the stock location/country on. At the moment there's nothing to tell Alteryx which override belongs to which stock. If you have this then you can then Find & Replace the country names with the overrides or even just join and replace when blank as above.

sriniprad08
11 - Bolide

Hi @DataNath ,

Thank you for the suggestion. I just did the vlookup and appended the country_override column to the dataset.

sriniprad08_0-1652176587950.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

Great. Now you have it appended then you should just be able to use the formula tool from my suggested workflow.

Labels