Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Mapping Postal to Multiple Cities

knnwndlm
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a list of zip codes that are tied to multiple cities as show in the attached file.  How do I map each cell in col A to the cities listed in col D (multiple cities separated by comma)?  In other words, in row 2, I would like the result to insert two under row 2 - one for Berkeley and one for Kensington - both of which have the same zip code as 94706 as in row 2.

Zip        Type                Primary_City    Acceptable_Cities      State          County

94706   STANDARD    Albany             Berkeley, Kensington   CA             Alameda County

BECOMES

Zip        Type                Primary_City    Acceptable_Cities      State          County

94706   STANDARD    Albany             Berkeley, Kensington   CA             Alameda County

94706   STANDARD    Berkeley          Albany, Kensington      CA             Alameda County

94706   STANDARD    Kensington      Albany, Berkeley          CA             Alameda County

I'm not clear on the best way to approach this problem.  Could somebody please help?  

Thank you,

kwl

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@knnwndlm One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1660601127701.png

knnwndlm
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much!

Labels