Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Managing Macro directories with Subfolders with other Alteryx users

Jay_Felton
5 - Atom

I currently have one main folder where I manage my macro's for Alteryx Designer. Inside this folder, there is two sub folders where the Macros are saved in. Here is an example of how I have it setup:

• Macros
    • Jay
      • Macro 1
      • Macro 2
    • Tom
      • Macro 3
      • Macro 4

In Alteryx, I have set my directory for Macros to be the main folder. Therefore in the tool bar, the sub folder is included:

Jay_Felton_0-1632963701282.png

This was handy, however my issue is the mapping when other users try to use my Alteryx workflows but haven't saved their Macro in the same sub folder setup as me. This is because within the Alteryx file, the Macro is referred to with it's sub folder as seen below:

Jay_Felton_1-1632963929874.png

Is there anything I can do so that other users can use my workflows?

I could potentially just edit out the sub folder from the Alteryx workflow file itself, however with hundreds/thousands of workflows saved this will be quite tedious. The best idea I have at the moment is to write a script to remove the sub folder from the file and to change how my Macro directory is setup for future workflows. However I can imagine even with a script this will become tedious.

1 REPLY 1
Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Jay_Felton 

I believe this write up of how to share macros may help you.  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Sharing-Macros-in-Alteryx-Designer-an....  It guides you through the process of creating a Macro repository so that others can use your macros within the flows.

Labels