Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Make pdf of an defined range in excel

vishalnegi
7 - Meteor

Hi. Can i make a pdf of a defined range in excel i.e. B1 to K 113.

If that is not possible then how can i delete the rows be

vishalnegi_0-1679318607087.png

low a specific cell in alteryx designer?

3 REPLIES 3
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @vishalnegi,

You can create a pdf via the rendering tool. This has to have a reporting-tool input (e.g.) a table.

Excluding rows you can do via. a filter before the reoprting tools- excluding columns via select or in the table tool.  

vishalnegi
7 - Meteor

Hi can you please share the workflow to convert it into pdf including the image of excel

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

This has been discussed a few times in the past on community - I'd recommend searching for it and then building a workflow based upon what you find. Can you take stab at it and then come back?

Basically to do what you want to do you'll need a few parts:

1) get your data out of excel - is this one file or many? Is this static or dynamic ranges? Basically Alteryx won't import your image so you can take your full data range. 

2) migrate this to report snippet for pdf via a table tool.

3) Now to get to your harder part - you'll need to unzip your .xlsx file - and identify the file you want. Your excel file includes an image.  You will need to use R/Python/Command Line to do this.

4) You now need to identify where your image was extracted to and feed that into the image tool via a field.

5) You can now combine your report snippets and output to .pdf.

So that's basically what you need to do.

Labels