Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Mailing/Customer segmentation

AlexCraft
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Community, 

I need to give each customer by product a certain type of letter, but want to get some advice on the easiest the way to do it. 

Based on the filters Unique to In UK, I would like to tag it as scenario A. I have looked at doing it as an IF formula but have A - M so would take ages to go through the scenarios, and not sure how to loop it?

Then once I have all those customers, then I would want to tag the if they had Scenario A and then letter CL1,  for product D it would be CL1,SC6. 

I have only been properly using Alteryx for a few weeks, so this is a step too far for me at the moment. Only worked through basic tools so is there a cool way to do it? I could probably use a join to my source date to my scenario and match each field but it is 295k customers so could take a long time....

Any help would be great.

ScenariosUniqueJointLoyaltyRebateCustomer position worstIn UKProduct AProduct BProduct CProduct DProduct E
AYNNNNNCL1CL1CL1CL1
SC6
CL1
SC7
BYYNNNNN/ACL1
SC9
CL1CL1
SC6
SC9
CL1
SC7
SC9
2 REPLIES 2
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AlexCraft,

Not sure what do you want to achieve but quite often when you want to write a complex formula that will do something if specific criteria are met like:

If Joint = Y and Loyalty = N and Rebate = N then do something it is better to create a table which all those criteria and join it with your data. 

It is much easier to maintain and it is crystal clear how it works. 

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @AlexCraft ,

I think the solution attached should work for you. This workflow will identify each unique scenario and attach a letter to that assignment. It will adjust automatically based on how many unique scenarios you have in your data. Let me know if this works for you!

kayers_0-1611008812967.png

Labels