Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro works when opened in Designer - wont work as a tool in other workflows.

Peace_B1
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I am trying to create a macro that will dynamically pull files from our network folder based on a drop down list. The macro works when you open the macro file and run - see below 5k records loaded. 

Peace_B1_0-1659029759749.png

However, i save that same workflow and put the macro in a new workflow - an then nothing. No error messages either. 

Peace_B1_1-1659029835141.png

Any thoughts on things i should look at first? This is my first macro so im not very familiar with troubleshooting. 

Thanks, 

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Open the macro, then open View > Interface Designer, then click the magic wand icon, populate any parameter values, and click the Open Debug button.  Your macro will open in a new Debug tab, with the user interface elements removed.  Then click Run in the Debug tab.

Can you post the macro?  Is the value for Extract Type supposed to be supplied as a parameter in your main workflow?

When you open the macro, in the Workflow Configuration, Workflow tab, what is the macro type?

Chris

Peace_B1
6 - Meteoroid

I JUST solved it through the debug menu. My issue came down to a space in the dropdown menu that was impacting the filter tool itself. 

- Thanks!

Labels