Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro to iterate through columns and rows irrespective of the number of columns and rows.

atk
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team, 

I'm trying to create a macro to iterate through every column and every row in the input data and anonymises the data in every cell. But with my current workflow (although the anonymisation works), the macro only iterates through the the number of columns and rows that it was initially fed with, while creating it (macro). I'd ideally like the macro to iterate through every column and row that it has been inputted irrespective of the number of columns and rows. 

I've read through a lot of blogs on the community and couldn't quite find the exact solution to my problem.

Any help from your end would be appreciated!

Looking forward to your response. :)

Regards,

Aishwarya

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @atk,

What logic are you using to anonymise the data? Would a multi field formula not work? it can loop through each row and column dynamically and can apply anonymisation logic?

IraWatt_0-1652298092580.png

All the best,

Ira

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@atk 
I think you might to check the the combination of Transpose and Cross Tab.

Transpose will transform the data into a vertical form, then go through your Macro, after than use Cross Tab to transform the data back to their original form.

If you can provide a sample input, we will be happy to make a demostration flow.

Capture1C.PNG

atk
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Ira- worked for me. :)

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @atk ! glad it worked for you :)

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Nice, @IraWatt.  That will come in handy!

Labels