Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Macro for inmporting multiple excel files

CMee
5 - Atom

Hi team,

As part of my work I often need to pull in either multiple tabs from the same excel file or multiple excel files from the same folder. The latter case is the one giving me a little trouble from an Alteryx point. I understand this would likely be achieved with a batch macro, but I don't think this is something I could build on my own yet. The data is basically the same layout and similar tab name for all use cases that I will come across

Does any one have a macro that could achieve this task and could walk me through the key steps, input paths arguments, etc. so I could reverse engineer it for my own work? I tend to find this work best for learning new features for me personally, and I would love to have a macro like this on file.

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Here's a link to a Knowledge Base article:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-multiple-files-with-...

CS Macro Dev: Reading in multiple files with different Field Schema - Batch Macro

Labels