Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro Input for txt file format with fixed width setting file

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

I plan to combine all the txt file by running macro and make it readable in alteryx. The screenshot below.showing the format that i choose when i import it one by one into the alteryx. May i know what should i do if  i want to use the macro to run in this case?

Jcsh_66_0-1617374681215.png

In addition , i have one fixed width setting flat file which determine the width for each column of the text file as per screenshot below. 

Jcsh_66_1-1617375077766.png

May i know how can i build the macro with the text file below in this case? As i have tried other macro and it seems like not working in this case

2 REPLIES 2
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@SH_94,

I have done the batch macro for you.

Please check and let me know if it's okay for you.

messi007_0-1617380555694.png

Attached the workflow,

Hope this helps!

Regards

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @messi007 ,

Thank you for your prompt response.

i have encountered the error as below and would like to seek your advice on this. From the first screenshot below, it appear that we need to check the allowlonglines in this case. However, i try to check to the field layout and notice that i was unable to tick the allowlong lines. May i know what should i do in this case?

Jcsh_66_1-1617407748022.png

I was only to check it if i choose the embed field setting in workflow options. Was there any impact on the workflow as i scare it will not read the field setting file next time?

Jcsh_66_0-1617407620764.png

Thank you so much for your help again

Labels