Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Macro Input Tool Error

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Hello!

I am currently trying to run a workflow that includes several macros. I am getting a strange error that has not been an issue before. I'm wondering if there was an update that I'm not aware of?

Basically the error i receive is this: Error: SAPTable (1): [10:33:01 124] Table [EBAN] does not contain Field [X] and cannot be processed as part of the Table Filter. Please refresh the Table Definition in the Alteryx Designer.

In the input tool I have text input selected and X's as placeholders so I can pull in data. The X is now an issue (even though it wasn't before). I've tried other placeholders like numbers but I get the same error.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @laurennewton 

I feel the issue is in the action tool. Can you share me a snapshot of your action tool config.

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Thanks for replying! I don't have an action tool associated with the macro here is a screen shot of the whole macro.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @laurennewton 

Interesting and strange can you provide a snapshot with the error message in the result window.

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Sure. See attached

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @laurennewton 

Just a hunch try "X" (with quotes) instead of X (only X)

laurennewton
8 - Asteroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Like that idea, sadly it didn't work.

Labels