Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RESUELTAS

Macro Error Message says it can't find a tool that doesn't exist

jbh1128d1
Bola de fuego

Has anyone ran into a macro error that states it can't find a tool that doesn't exist?  

For example, I have a macro that works find in and of itself.  But when I connect another data set to it, it states it cant find a tool that doesn't exist.  The exact language is "The Designer x64 reported: Can't find ToolID == 12."  But there is no tool with ID of 12 in the macro workflow. 

I've attached the macro in case needed. 

8 RESPUESTAS 8
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

It's possible that the XML in workflow that you are adding the macro to got corrupted.  You can copy and paste all the tools into a new workflow to clear that up.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

jbh1128d1
Bola de fuego

Thanks Sruhl.  now it says it can't find tools that actually exist.  I open up the macro, click on the tool (but don't actually do anything) and save it.  I then rerun and the message is that it can't find another tool. 

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @jbh1128d1,

Can you post an image of the workflow? My guess is you may have a Detour tools contained in it. If all of the tools that are connected to the Detour Input don't terminate at the Detour Output it can cause an error where it can't find the tool.Ex: Detour Connections for a macroEx: Detour Connections for a macro

If you delete just the macro output alone connected to the bad end it should fix it. Then you will need to figure out how to run both streams of data through the same Detour End tool and separate them back out after. 

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @jbh1128d1,

The above shows a generic example, but I was able to replace the Detour in your example. The saved version of this is in 11.7.

What you can do is substitute with a formula and set it to a new variable "Splines". The action and Check box can preform substitutions on this formula and then the filter will move the data to the correct section of the process. The select tools are just used to remove the filtering field. You may want to test this flow, without data I didn't have a quick way to make sure the results tested correctly.

*The interface settings are under View in the toolbar.

Interface ChangesInterface ChangesDebugging Location-Inface SettingsDebugging Location-Inface SettingsWorkflow ReworkedWorkflow Reworked

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @jbh1128d1,

The above shows a generic example, but I was able to replace the Detour in your example. The saved version of this is in 11.7.

What you can do is substitute with a formula and set it to a new variable "Splines". The action and Check box can preform substitutions on this formula and then the filter will move the data to the correct section of the process. The select tools are just used to remove the filtering field. You may want to test this flow, without data I didn't have a quick way to make sure the results tested correctly.

*The interface settings are under View in the toolbar.

Interface ChangesInterface ChangesDebugging Location-Inface SettingsDebugging Location-Inface SettingsWorkflow ReworkedWorkflow Reworked

jbh1128d1
Bola de fuego

Thank you @andrewdatakim.  I've ran this and I keep getting an error at the formula tool you added.  The error reads:

Tool #263: Parse Error at char(0): Unknown variable "True" (Expression #1)

jbh1128d1
Bola de fuego

Hi @andrewdatakim. I just added a detour end and it worked great.  Thank you. 

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @jbh1128d1,

To use the first solution you may have to transition the Check Box action to a formula to convert (IF [#1]='TRUE' THEN 1 ELSE 0 ENDIF) or convert the the formula and filter below it to respond to text.

I am happy the detour worked for you.

Regards,

Andrew 

Etiquetas