Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Lookup price based on the bucketed ranges of quantity (VLOOKUP TRUE)

jvalk005
5 - Atom

When I do this in excel it's a Vlookup using TRUE, however I'm unsure how to proceed in Alteryx. I'm trying to lookup the price based on, which bucket the quantity falls into. For example, if I had 26,372 impressions it should return a price of $50. I'm doing this for thousands of transactions. 

jvalk005_0-1679343573288.png

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@jvalk005 This can be done in Alteryx, option one is to use the generate rows tool to generate all the numbers between the range, then join with the original file. Sample attached

Based on your data the generate rows tool will more than 100,000 records, another option is to use use the append tool to append your original file with the lookup file then with the formula to check the given number is in the range and return the value

binuacs_0-1679347242915.png

Raj
14 - Magnetar

@jvalk005 @binuacs one way of achieving this without increasing the data drastically even for a bigger value

Tam
9 - Comet

@jvalk005 I am going to make a few assumptions, the impression range and price may change and that they may also have irregular intervals (i.e not always 5K.)

I've used append fields to avoid macros but have tested against a sample file of 1.5M Rows and designer seems to be able to handle within its stride.  

I hope this helps. 

Labels