Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Looking to create a lookup workflow that can filter multiple items against database

jennifer_aulet
7 - Meteor

I am needing some assistance in creating a workflow that I can drop open item numbers as a filter and grab those open item numbers only against a master database. I am having trouble making this work, any ideas on a better way of keeping a workflow that can allow a filter to select open item numbers such as the attached workflow I am trying to build from?

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jennifer_aulet 
If I understand correctly, we can use a Join tool

From J anchor, it would be the data having same Zip as the List of Zip code

Then R Anchor would be the data that NOT containing the Zip in the list of Zip code.

0902-jennifer_aulet.PNG

johnyli168
Alteryx
Alteryx

The workflow looks really good, from an improvement perspective you could consider turning this into an analytic app, allowing users to input the filters in via an app interface rather than through a spreadsheet. One consideration is depending on how you get users to input data will affect the way you push that downstream into your macro. 

johnyli168_0-1662082738683.png

jennifer_aulet
7 - Meteor

Thank you @Qiu this makes sense, how do I fix string fields can only be joined to other string fields? it looks to read right but not sure how to fix this to test if this can work.

jennifer_aulet_0-1662083925356.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jennifer_aulet 
You can use a Select Tool to change the data type.

jennifer_aulet
7 - Meteor

@Qiu ok that seems to work but I am seeing an error, any idea how to clear?

jennifer_aulet_0-1662086178213.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jennifer_aulet 
In my case, I disabled the macro.

Labels