Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Long wait time between writing a large file and Alteryx Complete.

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

I have a job that is writing about 180M rows out to a .yxdb.    The results screen shows me that it wrote all the records to the file and this is the last tool in the workflow.   Why then, does it just seem to hang for about an hour after it has written the last tool?    What am I missing here on what happens after writing a file and why would it take so long to move on and complete?

I am going to re-write this process but like to know why something tends to fail so I can avoid it in the future.  Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @john_watkins 

I haven't experienced this behavior, but have you considered trying a cydb output (calgary database)? It's designed for 100M+ records.

https://help.alteryx.com/designer/calgary

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @john_watkins 

We handle large data.  The .yxdb includes additional metadata that references the source of the data and how the data was created...including the hefty data fields, values, and spatial objects.

I would config the output to not save the source and description and also select 'No Spatial Index'...unless you require such.

Capture.PNG

Labels