Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Load multiple Outputs from one Directory Tool for further processing

Duszko
7 - Meteor

Hello,
I am building an Alteryx app and looking for the most efficient solution to a problem. I want to load 20 dynamic outputs from one Directory tool. Ideally, I prefer to avoid loading all data into one output and splitting it using multiple filters. Note that I do not want to write Output, but load it to the designer for further processing (20 separate outputs, where one Input path creates one Output).

Can anyone give me a hint on how to proceed? 

EDIT: How do I delete the post? I just realized how easy the solution is and how unfruitful the post is

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Duszko The ideal solution would be to load one input file (using a batch macro), process, and output the result, if you want to load all the 20 input files to the designer I think either you need to combine all the files and use the filters or separate input tool for each file.

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@Duszko

Another solution would be to create a batch macro which can input, process and output the files one by one, without having to manual add 20 input tools. Read about them here: https://knowledge.alteryx.com/index/s/article/Getting-Started-with-Batch-Macros-1583461640393 

Labels