Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Listbox Only Appears based on Previous Question in Analytic App

LindonB
8 - Asteroid

In short, I’m building an app that first asks if the user would like to make a selection at a more granular level. The full project will involve several of these questions and usually the users will not want to make a selection.

Here’s a simple example:

The data set contains ‘All States’ values in the states field, so keeping the checkbox unchecked applies a filter [state]=’All States.’

1.png

Therefore, I no longer want to next stage of the app to ask which state(s) with the only option being ‘All States.’

2.png

3.png

Is there a way to bypass a workflow or a part of a workflow in an app based on a condition?

(I'm attaching the yxwz files but with directories removed.)

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

do you want to select at the state value and select states should be two interface tools in the same app which are nested together. you would use interface designer to lay it out - and you have the state selector nexted under the radio button so it would only appear when choose by state is selected.

LindonB
8 - Asteroid

It could be part of the same app. How would I go about hiding the second question behind the first and only conditionally revealing it? The list box (second question) would take up considerably more real estate than a checkbox.

So far, the best solution I've come up with is to use a detour tool, but since I need the detour to work conditionally based on a field (since the checkbox is in an earlier app), it seems like a no-go.

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@LindonB 

an example workflow where you can transfer the selected option to workflow 2.
Fit is as @apathetichell  commented

LindonB
8 - Asteroid

This is excellent. Thank you, @geraldo, and thanks to @apathetichell as well.

Labels