Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Last day of the month

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

Hi All,

I have a field with all the dates. The end of this data will be of current month. And this has historical dates.

The requirement is to extract all the days from current month -1 and last day of current month-2.

I have used the following formula in the filter tool, but the output shows as null. 

hegdepavithra10_0-1607004144754.png

6 REPLIES 6
hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

This is the formula I have used

(DateTimeFormat([Date1],"%b") = DateTimeFormat(DatetimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"month"),"%b") AND DateTimeFormat([Date1],"%y") = DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%y")) AND (DateTimeformat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeLastOfMonth(),-2,"month"),"%d")=DateTimeFormat([Date1],"%d") AND DateTimeformat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeLastOfMonth(),-2,"month"),"%b")=DateTimeFormat([Date1],"%b") AND DateTimeformat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeLastOfMonth(),-2,"month"),"%y")=DateTimeFormat([Date1],"%y"))

@atcodedog05 could you please help

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

Can you give a expected output.

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

Hi @atcodedog05 

So i consider this month to be current month then i need all the dates from november and 31st of october to be extracted.

However, i have solved this issue. instead of AND in between the two groups of formula OR must be used.

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

if anybody is interested in the solution

(DateTimeFormat([Date1],"%b") = DateTimeFormat(DatetimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"month"),"%b") AND DateTimeFormat([Date1],"%y") = DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),"%y")) OR (DateTimeformat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeLastOfMonth(),-2,"month"),"%d")=DateTimeFormat([Date1],"%d") AND DateTimeformat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeLastOfMonth(),-2,"month"),"%b")=DateTimeFormat([Date1],"%b") AND DateTimeformat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeLastOfMonth(),-2,"month"),"%y")=DateTimeFormat([Date1],"%y"))

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

Nice you see you have solved it. Here is my take on it

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeNow(),"%Y-%m-01"),-1,"days"),"%Y-%m-01"),-1,"days")<=[Date] 
and 
[Date]<=DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeNow(),"%Y-%m-01"),-1,"days")

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1607005770966.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi, to get the first of the month, you can use DateTimeTrim([date], 'firstofmonth') 🙂 

Labels