Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Large csv file does not summarize correctly once input it on Alteryx

Tmanuela
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I am facing a bizarre issue within a flow which worked perfectly before; I have a large csv file (I know is not the best option but only csv I can get)  that I input, convert to double/int and then I need to summarize 2 fields which gives a total wrong value compared with the real value I get in excel pivot/in Tableau. 

If I manually convert the csv to excel and input it in Alteryx will give the correct summarize values, my problem is that sometimes the csv get so large that I can't open to manually convert it into excel.

I tried an workaround to input the large csv file and then split by region & output as xlsx, then subsequently used those files to summarize and I get always a wrong calculation compared to the right value.

I tried also other solution from community and clean & replace nulls with zero, result is always wrong. 

Have anyone faced this issue before, how you managed to succeed? 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus
MilindG
12 - Quasar

@Tmanuela You need to use formula tool to change the string type.

Tmanuela
8 - Asteroid

Million thanks both, I knew the community guys are the best! wouldn't have thought that i have to force it in TONUMBER + double.

Best regards, Manuela

Labels