Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Keep only the most recent data

sanastasova
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I have a database for different months. I want only those lines that are for the last 3 months and the first 10 days of the current month. Example: Its March 21st. I want to keep lines for February, January and December, as well as the first 10 days of March. However this rule changes every month, as for April I would need only March, February and January, not December anymore. Is there a particular formula that I can write and use to create this type of rule? 

Thanks for the help! 

5 REPLIES 5
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Solution will depend on what exactly your incoming data stream looks like and what you want to do with it.

If you're asking {if I have today's date as a given, can I have a formula produce the values 'Feb', 'Jan', 'Dec', 'Mar 1', 'Mar 2', . . . 'Mar 10'}

Would need a lot more detail to assist.

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @sanastasova 

I assume you want to filter on the relative date based on the date that you run the report. To do that, you can write a custom filter to achieve this. See attached example.

sanastasova
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am not able to open the workflow as it is saved with a newer version. Mine is 2020.4.5.12471.

If possible, could you please save it with this one, so I can open it.

Thanks!

sanastasova
7 - Meteor

I think a solution would be to create some sort of dropdown list for a certain column. Like that every time I can check only the months I need. Is is possible? Thanks a lot for the help !

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @sanastasova, you can still open the workflow even it is created with a newer version, you can click ok to open it. If you want to have the feature to select, then I would recommend to convert your regular workflow to an Analytic App.

Below is an introduction to Analytic App blog:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Alteryx-Analytic-Apps-Introduction-and-Deep-Dive-Serie...

Labels