Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Keep Source Data Formatting in Output with multiple tabs

thelastmurphy
5 - Atom

Hi Community,

I'm having an issue that seems relatively simple to solve.

I am trying to use unique values in the Year column of my input data to create separate tabs in the output data. I've used the "Take File/Table Name from Field" to successfully do this. The issue is that I can't figure out how to keep the source formatting from the input file and have the format applied to each separate tab. I've used the "Preserve Formatting" box in the output data tool but it doesn't work when creating multiple tabs. It will just create tabs with default data formatting.

1 REPLY 1
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You can only "preserve formatting" on an excel sheet that already exists, not apply one sheet's formatting to a brand new sheet that you're creating; unfortunately.  As far as I know, you can't create formatting (other than field types; but no highlighting, borders, etc.).  UNLESS....you use a Table tool on the Report palate.  I don't use it much for this purpose, and it's very limited in it's formatting properties, but it might suit your purpose.

Labels